IGP Institute Conference Center, Manhattan, KS
Start Date -1/8/2018
End Date -1/12/2018
[Course Duration:5 day(s)]
Registration Deadline -11/6/2017
Students completing this course will become proficient at formulating pet foods and have a working knowledge of ingredients, processes, and the software necessary to create new products, revise existing formulas, and perform business and production analysis.
Student Learning Outcomes:
1. To gain a general understanding of the raw ingredients used to produce pet foods, their general composition and processing considerations.
2. To learn fundamental principles of companion animal (specifically dog and cat) nutrition and dietary needs.
3. To gain an appreciation for the processes involved with producing pet foods, the regulatory constraints regarding claims and requirements, and the transportation and storage factors involved with marketing effective foods for companion animals.
4. To explore the range of formulation tools (e.g. formulation software, spreadsheet applications, and nutritional databases) common to the trade.
5. To gain skills using computer assisted software for formulating effective dry extruded, baked, and canned pet foods and treats.
6. To create pet food formulas from concepts, reverse engineer existing pet foods, and trouble-shoot pet food production and quality control compliance issues using formulation software.
The IGP Institute reserves the right to cancel or reschedule courses if minimum enrollment numbers are not met. If a course is canceled, participants will be refunded 100% of their tuition. If a course is rescheduled, participants will have the opportunity to have 100% of their registration fees applied to the rescheduled course, or receive a full refund.
Upon request, refunds for withdrawal made prior to fifteen days before a course start date will be fully refunded, minus a $100 processing fee. Participants also have the option to roll registration to another course if used within one calendar year from the start of the course. Registrations can be transferred to other individuals upon approval. Requests made fourteen days or less before a course start date will not be refunded.
Hotel information will be emailed to the address provided once payment is in place.